21 Reasons why kids born and raised in African Villages can survive anything:-
1. We survived being born to mothers who worked and walked in the Ultraviolet sun during pregnancy.
2. As infants we lay and crawl about with all kind of insects around us. We might have even eaten some of them that look delicious.
3. Now as little kids we walked miles to playgrounds and school, with no school bus, minivans or even bikes to carry us.
4. We are contented with just seeing cars ride by and waiving at them.
5. After playing for hours, we drink water from the flowing springs, no Gatorade or any form of purified drinks.
6. We share a bowl of dinner with the whole of our family. Might we have been sharing germs too?
7. We grew up on foods like fufu which are mainly carbs and we still aren’t overweight. Because we are always burning carbs working and playing.
8. Our play area is an average of five mile radius and we still would not get lost.
9. Since there is no weather forecast, we get soaked playing soccer too many times to be counted.
10. Without map-quest, we learn our ways around town by trial and error.
11. We farm around snakes and scorpions.
12. We did not have Play stations, Nintendo's, X-boxes, no video games at all, no 150 channels on cable, no video movies or DVD's, no surround-sound or CD's, no cell phones, no personal computers, no Internet or chat rooms.......WE HAD FRIENDS and we went outside and found them!
13. We fell out of trees, got cut, broke bones and teeth so many times and our parents did not file any lawsuit or get compensations for these accidents.
14. We dropped our foods on dusty and muddy floors, picked them up and eat them again, and we still did not die.
15. We wrestle each other on concrete floors, in the bush and on dusty grounds with no helmets or mats.
16. As teens, when we are out of the house, there is no cell phone for our parents to check if we are O.K.
17. When we act out in school, we get 12 stroke of the cane instead of detentions and suspensions.
18. Our parents, instead of suing the teacher for flogging us would actually side with the teacher and give us 6 more strokes of the cane.
19. And as newlyweds, our in-laws visit for as long as they, not we wish.
20. We learn to live in big cities, even though we were born in villages.
21. We survived all of the above.